Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Power Of Mentoring Presentation

About a week ago I was honored to be asked to speak at an event in Los Angeles about Mentoring. I've spoken about mentoring many times before but this time I was lucky enough to have someone in the audience, Nick Winters, record it and post it up on youtube. Many, many thanks to Nick.

The talk lasts for a little over 30 minutes and focuses on the basics:
  1. what is mentoring? 
  2. who are the participants?
  3. what are the benefits of mentoring to the mentee/protege? to the mentor? and to the company that supports formal or informal mentoring programs?
  4. steps on how to find a mentor
  5. qualities of good mentors and good mentees
  6. short q&a session

Most these areas have already been covered in a bit more detail throughout this blog. But if you're looking for a video presentation that puts it all in one concise place I hope you'll find the link below useful!

My talk starts at the 2:30 min mark after a very nice introduction from the host of the event:






(As a side note, if you or your organization are interested in my coming to speak about any aspect of mentoring, mentoring in general or how to set up a mentoring program please contact me by clicking here or at the "Ask OnMentoring A Question" link on the right side. My passion is to spread a culture of mentoring and would welcome opportunities to do that.)

No comments: